Friday, July 9, 2010

That Fish is POISON

Two parents, sick at the same time=crazy house. It all started with two bad pieces of salmon. I ate some, Dan ate some and 24 hours later, the wrath of food poisoning took us both under. Dan took the first hit, feeling bad mid-afternoon and from that point it got worse. I will leave the gory details out of this post, but let's just say I quietly excused myself to sleep in the spare bedroom and closed all doors, because I thought our neighbors could probably hear him (yes it was that bad). I wasn't feeling 100%, my workout had about killed me that day, but I just thought I was tired.

Then just like the ghost of Christmas past, I bolted up about 1:15 a.m. and headed straight for the potty.......what happened after that was a blurr....I crawled back to the bed, and we both laid there like we had been beaten...weak, tired, in pain, I made claims that my tonsils had been ripped out. At some point Dan's poison stopped sending him to the bathroom, and about 4 hours later mine did too. But even though the tornado had passed, it still left a lot of destruction. How he managed to get up and take both kids to school, I have no idea. I don't even remember calling into work, or what I said, or texting a co-worker to take over some duties....

It took another night and part of a day before we felt ok again. We might not be having the salmon for a few weeks, at least.

No comments: