Thursday, August 5, 2010

A pain in the neck

I woke up this morning early... turned over, and bellowed out with pain. It was a VERY badly pinched nerve and the bottom line was I could barely move around. Driving into work in the pouring down rain and not being able to turn my neck also proved quite a feat. Dalton said "Mommy, you look funny, like (he mimics me here turning like frankenstein---then giggles profusely)...this and this and this!!"

My very large, big strong 4 year old who I (yes, I still do) carry into his pre-school class, put his arms around my neck and I about lost my cookies with the pain. I am not sure how I did it. Might it be the new 50 minute hard core workout I mixed into my routine? Maybe. Or how about the 1.5 hours of cleaning up a very strong little weiner dog (Zipper), who single paw-dly crapped in his crate, got himself so covered in it and then with the hot weather let it bake into his fur? That could have also been part of it. Either way, ibuprofen, biofreeze gel, etc. is not doing the trick.

Back to work, and also making plans for the weekend! Stay cool in this horrible Missouri heat!

No comments: