Friday, September 3, 2010

Going Organic

I think we all know that eating organic would be the ideal--fruits, veggies, meats, everything void of pesticides and crazy antibiotics. Lately, I have tried to make even better choices for our family meals and snacks. Like making buffalo burgers (much healthier and so delicious), pad thai with gluten free tofu, organic sprays instead of tons of olive oil, etc. Unfortunately going organic also means a hit to the pocket book. For example, the buffalo meat from Mama Jean's was appr. 3 times the price of it's ugly step sister ground beef! I also made this fantastic sandwich the other night! Focaccia bread thinly sliced down the middle, light brushed with olive oil and put on the grill, then 3 whole red peppers lightly dusted and grilled whole, egg plant, goat cheese and a garlic spread lead to a tasty finish! I am loving to cook (when I can) and try out new recipes. It is cool to make food FRESH...and I like that Tatum can't wait to have sushi with miso soup tonight(because she loves the kale and tofu in it!) What are some of your favorite dishes?

No comments: