Monday, October 25, 2010

The Pumpkin Theif

I love fall.....I really love when the air feels crisp and you can sit out and enjoy the fire pit and watch two stinky little people eat smores---! This past weekend we had fun with the Skeleton Scurry, a little run/kid vendor booths/pizza event....Tatum dressed as Lo the Warrior Princess and Dalton went as the 'Unknown Phantom.' The weekend seemed to be going smoothly, until I noticed that the GIANT Green pumpkin gourd Tatum and I had so lovingly picked out the weekend before along with several other unique harvest decorations was jammed like a stake through the heart on a neighbors mailbox...I was sad....then I was MAD....I get it, you are 14 and that is just SO funny, but really it's not and I wanted to grab the little turds and beat them. Of course it was a good learning experience for the kids (eh hem, after I got done saying "I'M GONNA KILL THEM")....we talked about how it's NOT nice to do that to someone else's property, and it's like stealing, etc. They both were VERY sincere about it.....(I know I know.....I am sure they will smash a few pumpkins at some point) but still, it was important to talk to them about why that isn't cool.

In other weekend news....not like anyone DOESN'T know this, but MU upset #1 OU for probably one of the best football games I have ever seen in my LIFE! What a fun game to watch! And now here is where I KNOW I am old...after the game, I thought "WOW,I am SO glad I am not there, I bet that place is insane." And I went to bed.....


A busy week ahead!

No comments: