Monday, April 18, 2011

Hold me close young Tony Danza??

I laugh EVERY time I think of this Friends episode, where Phoebe is talking about her favorite Elton John song...you know, the 'one about that guy from Who's the Boss. You know 'Hold me close young Tony Danza...." of course that episode along with the one where they are moving the couch up the stairs, "PIVOT...PIVOT!!!" Ross yells, or the one where Joey puts on Phoebe's maternity pants for Thanksgiving and calls them his 'turkey eatin' pants....okay, so that just leads me to actually SEEING ELTON in concert this past weekend! And even crazier?? In SPRINGFIELD MO!!!! Our night started out at dinner at Bruno's with friends Lucas and Cindy. Dan had swordfish and I had a light pasta with jumbo shrimp in a vodka red sauce. Cindy had the seafood special and Lucas the clazone. Some cab and we were set for the show!!! What amazing seats. Lucas and Cindy's parents really hooked us up! Elton went on a little after 8 p.m. and played for 2.5 hours straight (ahahaha) okay that was bad, I said Elton and straight in the same sentence. HE WAS AMAZING. I couldn't stop singing and it was just a once in a lifetime thing. I kept thinking in two weeks he will be at the royal wedding in London! We had fun, got home late and let our new favorite babysitter finally go home! Unfortunately by Sunday night the little ones had pretty intense sniffles and both had their vicks humidifiers going at full blast. Along with my new 17 inch screen HP laptop I got this weekend, I have re-done our study downstairs, pics to follow soon. Just picked up the new chair I think will match nicely.

No comments: