Thursday, February 12, 2009

Igga Ma Jigga Ma Doo

I know I talk a lot about my kids. I think I have a bit of a gift of 're-telling' the stories that I post, but trust me my friends, they are all true. There is no way, even my creative mind could come up with all the hysterical things that come out of my kids' mouths.

So, the older they get the more in tune they are to their surroundings, but at 5 and 3, they honestly say what is on their mind, make observations that are completely innocent that-- usually are pretty accurate and funny.

This morning as I was dropping Tatum off, she and I were doing our usual morning banter of "you are a silly head that lives in the zoo and eats rocks" for example, just made up stuff. I said Tatum,,'you are a igga ma jigga ma doo' and you match the color too (again, just trying to rhyme and be funny), she stops and says 'what color is that' I said, 'uh yellow?' Then she turns to me and says 'Mama, you have browner skin than some people'

I acutally said, (good bronzer)......, she didn't get it so I just said, oh honey we all have different shades of skin. She said, OH like Barrack Obama.

I said, yup you got it.

The point is, kids are so funny, their thought processes. And they really are innocent, and I just wish we could keep them that way as long as possible.

Tonight is the Father/Daughter Valentine Dance and Tatum and Dan are going OUT ON THE TOWN!!! Or, up the street to Ozark West Elementary. Dalton and I are going to have a FUN night together too! We may even go to WALMART! So how do you like them apples?

I must do work now.

No comments: