Thursday, July 16, 2009

Deep Thoughts........

Dalton is quite a little man. He is very smart and very funny. He has been called impish by so many people. His imagination (along with Tatum's).....I am in awe of, not to mention his tireless energy. So after school the other day I took him to get take out. As we waited for our food, he sat up on the high bar stools and put his little face in his hands. I asked him what he was thinking about and the conversation went like this......................

L: kiss kiss kiss.... "What are you thinking about little D?"

D: "Well, it's a secret."

L: "But I am your best friend."

D: nothing.....

L: I cleared my throat and made a funny face...."Mama is your best friend you can tell me a secret."

D: Well, ok. Tell me, if Superman and Batman are both good guys, and they can both fly, then why IN THE WORLD, does batman have to wear a mask and superman doesn't.

L: Well, knock me off the stool and call me spanky, that is a GREAT QUESTION.

L: "Honey, I will have to really think about it, that is a great question."

D: "I know, Grant and Sylas and Ethan want to know too" (there are the cool kids in the sunshine class).

The unanswered questions hovered over us until the chef showed us how he made Dalton's brick oven pizza, and the 'inequality of super heroes question' seemed to be forgotten, for now anyway.

What a wonderful place to be. A place in your head, where you are truly concentrating on Batman and Superman's differences. Awesome.

By the way, he is a great date, never ends up paying for anything, but he knows how to have a great time. And he loves older women, lucky for me :)

No comments: