Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh crap, was that today?

One of my co-workers sent forwarded me an email that I just laughed so hard that I can't get it out of my mind. It's a picture of two dinosaurs on the shore and Noah and his ARK have sailed on into the distance, and the caption from one of the dinosaurs is: "Oh crap, was that today?"

It is PERFECT. It is my life in fact. Okay, for one thing, I have to brag and say with everything going on, I rarely forget anything BIG....knock on wood. That said, I have several 'oh crap that was today' moments.

I awoke to the sound of Tatum in the bathroom. She is 6 now, and well, she likes to take a nice hot shower in the morning----this child has been up at the crack of dawn since the very beginning. SO I hear her talking to her daddy in there saying that today WAS in fact 'wear your school shirt day' and her shirt was red with white letters, but she couldn't bring herself to wear her black long sleeve shirt underneath it! AHA! I jumped up and walked in and said,

"I BOUGHT YOU A NEW long sleeve white shirt on Sunday!!" I so rocked for remembering that one. :)


This morning I took Dalton to get his flu shot. But I did NOT say anything about it. NO need to fret for an entire hour before it happens. So we pull up and he says very happily, "OH MOMMY, do I have an ear infection? Strep throat? Fever?"

I said no, he just kept on walking happily with me. Then we get in and fill out the information, and he goes nicely over to the nurse, whom I happen to know too. She asks him his name, and how old he is:

"Dalton Patrick Rice, and I just turned 4"

She says which arm, and then asks to see his strong mucscles. HE SMILED and said "SURE!!"

Then she looked at me as he sat on my lap and picked out his candy and I nodded to just DO THIS THING!!! Wow, she said, you are brave and she stuck him. He didn't even flinch. He sat there, everyone roared with applause (okay people clapped), and the nurse announced he was probably the bravest boy she had ever seen.

Dalton is NOT a humble child, he knows quite well he is cute and brave, he moonlights as a super hero for crying out loud!!!

Well after that he chats non-stop

"I KNOW I was brave, it still was a shot though, mommy, did you see it? I rea--yee big one, and I was so good, so good. Mommy can I have pancakes and eggies? I know how we make chocolate milk, we take milk and put brown sugar in it, and shake it as hard as we can, that's how mommy...mommy, do you like shots? Mommy, did you cry when you had a shot? Mommy can we call Tatum and tell her I had a shot and didn't cry at ALL? Mommy can I have pancakes and eggies? (insert that one 4 times).

What a kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dalton got the flu shot... That was so funny that everyone was ccheering!Oh and I got that email too! It applies to everyday life A LOT!