Wednesday, November 18, 2009

There's a New Moon tonight

I did this with Lord of the Rings; I knew that for 4 consecutive years, in December, a new Lord of the Rings movie would come out. It was exciting. Now, I would NEVER compare Tolkien to The Twilight Series author Stephanie Meyer, but move over Harry Potter, the vampires are in TOWN.

It's addicting. Sure, the fan base it mostly female, and I will admit that the romance crap out there, lovey dovey...kissy huggy movies are not my top pick. BUT....mix some hot vampires, a few werewolves in there and you have a recipe for success. It's hard to not get caught up in the poor girl in love with a vampire who struggles to protect her, whilst also trying desperately NOT to kill her...then he leaves her....she is hollow....clings to new guy friend (werewolf---and hot), then werewolf falls for her, and OH MY WORD she finds herself in a bloodsucking hairy love triangle. SIGN.ME.UP.

Movie #2 (New Moon) opens tomorrow night. I sure hope there are some tickets left for the weekend because I have seen the trailer several times and SQQUUUEEALLLLL....I am pumped.

No comments: