Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010

I know it's clique to say that 'time goes by so fast' but it really really does. It's almost scary sometimes how quickly it seems the year has raced by us. The holidays have again come and gone, and this year had some unique events, but was overall a wonderful time for us.

Quite suddenly, we found out that my sister in law's father passed away in his sleep the day before Christmas Eve....this of course was devasting to their family, and a very hard time of the year to say the least to plan a funeral. I know from losing my dad suddenly how very hard and tragic this is....we did get to have our nephews over to spend the night on Christmas night and all four kids had the best time together! In fact, the dreaded nighttime routine went quite smoothly---of course they were exhausted! My nephew Luke yelled AUNT LINDSAY AUNT LINDSAY at about 2:30 in the morning and when we went in,,all he wanted was a drink! They were very sweet and had a blast.

My step-dad also lost his mother after a long illness, so they were making arrangements for her funeral which was this past Monday. It was a nice service and everyone was pleased.

My Christmas tradition is DECOR IS DOWN ASAP AFTER the 25th! I LOVE Christmas decorations, but I am ready to get it all cleaned up and put away when it's over. This year I finally went through old decor, and tons of other stuff, clothes, toys, sheets, comforters and stock piled 5 massive bags that we took to Goodwill. I am the very opposite of a hoarder, I probably throw too much away (except for the kids art work and stuff).

This weekend we have various parties to attend and I will be doing some more cooking, I truly love cooking now more than just about any other hobby and trying out new recipes hasn't made anyone too upset in our family!

I can't believe it's almost 2011.........

No comments: