Thursday, December 9, 2010

The poor reindeer

Recently life has been pretty calm en Casa de Rice....sure we've had a few sick times here and there, but overall nothing too remarkable has happened. The weather and having some kids 'under' the weather forced me to make my very own Thanksgiving dinner by myself this year...and I must say, it all turned out quite nicely....except the gravy, must work on the gravy. We also had family pics done, which is so cool, but also very expensive and very hard to choose...I generally hate any and all pictures of myself, so making the process even harder.

In other news, our doggies are practically potty trained! They don't really go to the door yet, when they need to go, so that is next on the training list. Their mommy is so very proud of them!!

Christmas has arrived at our house for sure. I THINK I am about done with buying gifts, but just as I feel about ready, I remember something else and out I go again. I have shopped smart this year, taking advantage of really great deals, and for that I have saved some $$$.....of course when I see FANTASTIC deals when I am out buying for others....sometimes I accidentally come home with something great for me :)

After seeing Santa this weekend, Tatum felt better about the reindeer/eating issue. Let's go back a few weeks. My little veterinarian was quite worried and concerned that the sweet reindeer just simply could not do their job on carrots alone. She was downright upset. So, of course, it being 2010, we 'googled it' as she asked to do. I found a site that basically helped parents out by saying "Oh yes, the reindeer love cookies too." I said, "SEE? They do like cookies, it says so right here."

Her response? "You seriously don't believe everything you read...do you mommy?"

She is smarter than I am.

No comments: