Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Holidays

It's a fun and hectic time of year for most people. This season, I feel like I have literally shopped and shopped and shopped some more. I think it has to do with (in my case), starting TOO early with shopping. What happened was that I literally started forgetting what I bought. I even forgot what I had purchased for my nephews. Between co-workers, secret santas, nephews, parents, teachers, etc. 'Santa' had to finally drag everything out and take inventory. Good thing I did too, b/c the gifts weren't exactly even....Dalton had more big things, while Tatum had tons more stocking gifts. We are ready now.

Reindeer food---check
Santa cookies (making tomorrow)---check
teacher gifts---check
Santa's massive load of gifts---check!

And this holiday season, as I prepare my grocery list to make yummy treats I AM SOOO EXCITED that my in-laws bought me a FABULOUS new cookware set...top of the line! It just makes baking and cooking that much better! Christmas to me, is really no longer about anything I get. I know growing up I was very blessed to have wonderful Christmases.

These days, I find it more gratifying giving gifts to the people I love and care about more than getting gifts. So that is why my holiday cookware was such a treat!!! ---(Oh and don't get me wrong, I do not go without---Tatum looked at me the other day as we were shopping at Charming Charlie's and said "Mommy, you sure have a LOT of handbags").....I put it down straight away!

The holidays are here and it's time to remember once again how thankful I am to have the blessings in my life that I do. Wishing everyone a fun and happy Christmas and new year!

No comments: