Thursday, November 29, 2012

Oh baby

I am almost certain I might be the only person who reads this blog; so I guess I don't have to be completely embarrassed that it has been 10, yes TEN months since I posted anything!!!!! More has happend in the past 10 months than I could have ever, EVER expected. Baby Maddox was born April 2, at appr. 12:22 a.m. Now that was a crazy weekend. Tatum was born a few weeks early, and Dalton was born at 38 weeks, so naturally I just assumed I would have M early too; I would drag myself to work those last few weeks and EVERYONE would say "you are still here??" One of the chapters of my book I will one day write and it will be hysterical will be "ridiculous comments made to pregnant women" And oh my friends, I had MANY people say some really wild things. Moving on, almost every Saturday I was pregnant was morning breakfast date with mommy and the bigs (I refer to Tatum and Dalton as the bigs--you know big kids), mostly they would choose Panera, and they would each have a ridiculously expensive power sandwich and an almost equally expensive pastry. Getting on with the story---I was 39 weeks on Friday, and felt so horrible, Dan and I both didn't go to work; we thought this was the day. I was LITERALLY dilated to a 4 for 4 weeks; yup; how? I have no idea......Saturday came, and I felt pretty good, so what did I do? I took Dalton for a hair cut then drove the kids to branson to shop. I am an idiot; we shopped for about an hour, ate, then I could tell I needed to get home. Saturday night came and went. Sunday the contractions were there, but not totally consistant. We walked the mall, Bass Pro, all over anywhere we could think to go. After dinner, I could not decide what to do. This is my 3rd baby for crying out LOUD! I delivery VERY fast from the past two births, and we lived in Ozark, so the Dr. said 'stay close' what the heck does that mean? (maybe she meant not to drive to Branson---oh ok).

We almost turned to go home and instead Dan said, let's just go see. We got to Cox hospital around 7:30 and Dan's parents met us there to take the bigs back to our house for the night, unless we came home. I got checked around 8:30 p.m. and the nurse asked if my contractions were getting stronger and harder; no they weren't but I had basically been in some kind of labor for 4 weeks, so you know, I was used to it by now. I lied and said THEY ARE COMING HARDER! She checked me and I was already a 6! STAYING!!!!! Called my mom; she was on her way. Called in laws to tell them baby on was his way. I was almost an 8 and it was 10:15 p.m. when I got my heavenly epidural; I almost kissed the anethesiologist!!!! The date was April 1st. I really hoped that this baby would not be an April Fool's baby!!! 11:30 p.m. dilated to 9; the clock struck midnight and at 12:10 my OB came in; 12:22 a.m. Maddox Daniel was born! He weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz and was almots 22 inches long!  We have been in love with him ever since.

I have so much to catch up on here; moving to another city, staying home for the first time in my LIFE, etc. there is much more to come. I am writing that book by the way, Chelsea Handler watch out; I am going to kick you off the chart :)

No comments: