Friday, June 11, 2010

Welcome Weekend

I have to admit that I honestly think this might have been one of the longest weeks of ALL time. Working this past weekend and then the whole week really REALLY takes it out of you, and I am ready to chill out a little bit. I have been doing the Jillian Michael's shred (I will be honest, no weight has been lost which makes me frustrated, but I am going to stick with it). The one thing I have noticed is that all the levels are different and not just difficulty, they are all working different parts of the body. Unfortunately, I have pulled a serious muscle and pinched a nerve in my shoulder/neck. Also I can tell the knees are hurting a little bit from all the strain...does this just mean I am an old lady??!!!! Hopefully all the blood, sweat and tears will pay off.

The other BIG thing on my agenda is re-doing the spare bedroom upstairs. I have been looking for a great deal on a queen bed that matches our furniture up there and then probably going to do overstock.com for the mattress. Can't beat that deal. Of course, I have my comforter, and all the trimmings picked out at Target and even the new rugs......I literally go to Target and 'visit' my goodies. We are following the tight budget of only getting the things we can easily afford, so it's a little bit at a time, but that is okay. Confession: I hid a rug behind a comforter at Target so no one would hopefully see it until I get to it this weekend....I know, I am weird.

Next weekend is my cousin's wedding, so facials, and body scrubs here I come....I am really hoping to get some great pics of our family. The kids will be all dressed up in their flower girl and ring bearer attire, and I will try to pull off a strapless yellow bridesmaid gown....yikes. Dan will be in charge of our camera. My concern is my hair. It's SO long right now, which I really like that, but I am terrible at fixing my own hair, putting it up, etc. NOPE...can't do it. So let's hope the hair salon that we are going to doesn't make me look like Lady Gaga.

Wishing all of you a fun weekend!

No comments: