Saturday, June 5, 2010

Okay...who is with me on this?

I have tried, ok let me re-phrase this....I have really worked hard most of my adult life to be in shape. NO, I am not fat, but there is a reason why. AND NO I am not a supermodel, there is a reson for that too. I am 31, I have two kids, I work 40 or more hours a week, sometimes on the weekends and I try to manage, birthdays, weddings, gifts, lunches, dinners, bath times, and laundry like most of us do. But I have made a commitment to be in the best shape of my life. And I really think I have found the combo. Very unfairly, the best things in life seem to take the most work to accomplish. Relationships, jobs, parenting, friendships, etc. and so eating right and exercising is no different. It's physical but mostly mental, and I want to start a mini 'we can do this thing' group. Here is what I have been trying to do: run 2-3 miles 3 or 4 times a week. Start small, try to walk or run a mile, and then build up to it. But the truly amazing thing is the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I have been only doing it one week, and I have seen weirdly amazing results. You will put in appr. 25 minutes a day...sounds easy? It's not. It's 20ish minutes of HARD work. But you will finish it and feel such a high of success, it will bring you back the next day. Make it a habit. I want to hear from everyone who is working through the process of 'looking realistically great.' I say that, b/c Lord knows I will never look like Gisele....but I can be strong and tone and also not look like an NFL linebacker. Buy some light hand weights at Walmart, get a mat if you have hard floors, and buy the 30 day shred for $9 at Target. Then please leave your comments. I want to hear how it works for you and that will inspire me to keep pushing myself. Best of luck to us, and our new toned backsides!!!! As a side note: you can NOT eat like a 17 year old boy. Sorry, you will have to drink some more water and cut the sugar and bad fat------then watch your body change in front of your eyes...

No comments: