Monday, May 24, 2010

Goodbye Kermit

I woke up last night about 1:30 and my legs felt like someone had beaten me. They were cramping so badly that I must have been sweating pretty hard in my sleep b/c I woke up in terrible pain and soaking wet. I went downstairs to pop ibuprofen and get something to drink. I wasn't really that concerned b/c 1.) I had worked out a lot and done a ton of lungs, and then the next day really pushed myself hard again. Bottom line was my eletrolytes were way out of balance and that was causing my legs to cramp like I had been shot. (I have not been shot, thank goodness, so perhaps they didn't hurt that bad---but bad enough). I couldn't sleep. I was up and down for the next 2-3 hours, and then somehow the motrin took over and I slept. I am a little draggy today.

It was a great weekend other than that and the frog homicide, yeah that's right, there was a straight up frog murder at appr. 3:25p.m. central standard time at the home of Rice Family. Dan and the kids trecked over to the clubhouse pool and I did my thing, cleaning up, etc. I went out to the garage to sweep it out and I picked up a damp clothe and a little kermit the frog jumped straight at me. (Not a huge frog fan, so I yelled something). Then I thought,,,hey it's just a little frog, and the kids would LOVE to see it. So I trapped it with a cup. The adventure scientists (or so they have called themselves) came home and were fighting for a few minutes of holding the frog. Yuck, but whatever. Tatum of course, using her vet like skills, actually was rubbing the frog's belly and the frog shut it's eyes like "AWEEEEE."

Dalton then grabbed the poor little thing, and I told him NOT to squeeze it, etc. Tatum decided it best to let little frog jump back to his family, etc. Great idea. So she ever so delicately put 'frog' down into the grass. Dalton scooped him up and pulled his arm back like he was going to throw him. I yell..U BETTER NOT! So he gently lays 'frog' on the ground. And then steps on him.
WHHHHHHHHHHHHAT?????????????! ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUU DOING!!!????

It's kinda a blur after that. Tatum bellows how horrible this vicious act was... and how, and I quote "Dalton you just don't have an appreciation for small animals like me!!" Dan points the frog killer to his room as he walks head down passed all of us. I just could not believe that. He has for the last couple months been on a 'bad bug' stomping spree. Fine. Kill the june bugs, and nasty beetles, etc. but not a poor wee little frog, who, and I just couldn't stop thinking of The Princess and the Frog, had unfortunately been in the wrong yard at the wrong time. R.I.P. little frog. Sorry about that, if I would have known that Jeffrey Dahmer would have unleashed his wild side, I would have never captured you for 'adventure science' purposes.

Dalton promises to keep his stomping to only 'bad bugs.'

No comments: