Monday, May 17, 2010

Organize

If you know me at all, you know that I suffer from bouts of OCD. Now, I don't wash my hands 50 times, or knock 5 times before I enter a room, etc. but I do have some serious issues when I feel things in my life are out of control. Or maybe just out of MY control. Yes, I am a little bit of a control freak. I can't STAND when my house is a disaster---it drives me bonkers. I realized this weekend that my Explorer looked like I had been living out of it for weeks. There was a massive bag of clothes intended for drycleaning, donut covered child seats, and dirt and crap from all the tables and chairs we hauled last week for Tatum's party. Okay, so my point is I woke up Saturday and it was time, once again to do some organizing. Dan helped with the closet under the staircase. He is very patient and can tackle the really REALLY big messes. I usually get overwhelmed and use inappropriate words (bad bad, I know). I hit the kids closets. Honestly am I raising fashion super stars? The kids have more clothes and shoes than Carrie Bradshaw! Then, I did the REALLY OCD thing. My closet is pretty big, but there is just no more room left for all my clothes and shoes. So I started to purge some of it. Then I organized my shoes by color and style: Boots, sandals, heels, casual, and then by color.....
Next up was the kids toys. Dinosaurs go in one bin, barbies go in another, jungle animals need their own space too! I still have more to go, but I think I have come to grips with what all this 'organizing' means.......garage sale......

No comments: