Thursday, May 21, 2009

Taco Bell

Imagine if someone asked you where you wanted to go to dinner and the FIRST thing that popped in your head was "Taco Bell." It was just the kids and me last night and so I thought it would be good to grab something quick. But when you are 6 and 3, going INSIDE the "lunch place" (which is what they call every restaurant) is really the ringer. Now cheech and chong weren't exactly on the BEST behavior right at the Taco Bell deciding moment. There was a finger that got bitten, a water bottle was tipped over and so there were wet eyes and some serious threats from mom to 'TURN THIS CAR AROUND AND GO HOOOME'

So there was a five minute stretch of 'good' and we parked and went inside. Well, immediately the kids were overtaken by that fantastic bouquet of smells that hits your nose. The meat and cheese, and sauce, OH MY!!! They went over to a booth as I ordered. Dalton stood up and eh hem, LOUDLY said, "HEY MOMMY, PROBABLY I WILL HAVE A REAL-YEE BIG SPRITE, OKAY?

OKAY Dalton SIT DOWN.

They get their soft tacos and cinnamon twists.

Tatum: "I really like these tacos, they are so yummy. I take a big bite and I go YUUUUUUMMMM (that was too loud, so I shhh her) she makes a face at me, I say don't be disrespectful, she says I'm not, I just like to joke with you,,,, Sorry kid, I wrote the book on this stuff, you can't fool me. She then looks lovingly at me and says, "I really love your shirt mommy, it's so pretty"

I say, OH THANK YOU I GOT IT ON SALE, etc. etc. etc. she is already looking around poking Dalton she could care less.

Tatum: 100
Mommy: 0

They finish and D man is COVERED in sugar and cinnamon. How can you NOT love the Taco Bell.

No comments: