Friday, May 29, 2009

We Need a Costco

Listen, Walmart has great deals, I know that. You can't beat the rollback prices going on up in there. Chicken breasts on sale....your favorite dishwashing liquid.....skips for the kids, YES YES YES!!!! But I need a change of scenery. Last Sunday I was shopping and I started noticing some of my fellow shoppers and their "fashion choices." Hey, I usually look pretty casual and even a little rough for me when I am at walmart, but there were some folks there that were downright SCARY looking. I walked by two guys in the baking isle that smelled like weed (perhaps they needed a snack).......but really the highlight is when the weather gets warm and the ladies break out the ultra tight ultra short shorts. Big mamas....YIKES!!! Listen, I am not trying to be mean, I am not Sarah Jessica either, but perhaps I need a change of venue. THIS IS WHERE COSTCO comes in. Have you ever been? It's like Sam's but even better. They have it all. I love it.

I am excited for summer and to try out some new recipes. I have always loved to cook, but the last couple years, I am really really enjoying it. It's so fun to come up with new things. I really like to cook for friends too, so come on over and let's eat!!!

One more funny thing to add. Saturday morning Dan and I are sleeping and Tatum is up blarrrrrrrring the Phantom of the Opera from her room, so I guess we weren't REALLY sleeping if I can remember that, but anyway. This goes on for about 30 minutes (so keep that in mind while you are picturing this), I open my eyes to see Dalton is full Batman costume standing inches from us just starring at us while the MUSIC of THE NIGHT is playing even louder now. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a little shock, I thought how did he get all this on? Then again, he is a super hero, don't ask don't tell.

Tomorrow Dan is going on a fishing trip with my brother and my cousin Alex, just the boys. So it will just be me and cheech and chong. I think we might go to Silver Dollar City, we have season passes. Then it's telethon weekend so I will work most of Sunday doing that and then Dan leaves for the entire week. I think he is going to Canada and then to LA for work....

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: