Monday, April 26, 2010

Grow little Garden

We had a garden when I was growing up, it was always fun to pick tomatoes and bring them inside. I remember squash and cucumbers too. I think we grew green beans and other stuff. But this year marks the first that we planted our own little garden. All four of us went down to check it out yesterday and sure enough there were sprouts all over!! We were all oooooing and ahhhhing over it and the weiner dog jumped right up on the tomato plants! I yelled, so did Tatum and Dan swatted her little butt. Bad Dog.

I think the basil and thyme are coming up really well. Not sure what everything is. I got so excited I just started planting and lost track. Which makes me FAR from a master gardener, but oh well, I must start somewhere. I love to get my hands dirty and plant flowers and I just love love love the idea of growing fresh food and herbs. Wow, I sound like Paula Dean or something!!

My baby girl's birthday is this Sunday...7 years old. I can not believe it. Her party is on the 8th, I have been so behind this year and haven't sent out invitations! I must get on this, along with 9 million other things to do just like everyone else I am sure......

No comments: