Monday, April 12, 2010

I have no title for this blog entry today. I can't think of anything really. I just had my GTS strength training class, it was good (by good I mean really flippin hard). But I survived. My intern is a 22 year old cross country runner at Drury and he is in immaculate shape. Now, it's not quite fair to compare myself to a KID who runs 8 or more miles a day! BUT, I can't seem to help it. I WANT TO BE lean like that.

I have some obstacles: 1.)My age. 2.)My gender (women seem to have more fat then men---thanks a lot EVE for that whole forbidden fruit thing!) 3.) TIME--it's not so hard when you are young and it's part of your actual job to run. Add two little kids, 40+ hours of work, making dinner, soccer practice, swimming lessons, grocery shopping...you get it. 4.) My feet are HORRIBLE. In fact, it's a miracle I can do anything. I have suffered for YEARS with flat feet that hurt non-stop and my wicked high heels don't help that at all. But I am not about to wear ugly shoes....not going to do it. 5.) I have a COUPLE things I indulge in......calories I mean.

My only few advantages: 1.) I hate chocolate-just do NOT like sweets at all. 2.) I am OCD and very strong willed and if I want something bad enough, I usually find a way to get it. Within reason of course. 3.) I guess, maybe, kinda I am athletic. I sure was strong as an Ox in high school.

Speaking of healthy, I am slamming a diet dr. pepper as I type. I know it's not great for me, but I am hitting the wall and I need a little pick me up.

On a different note, the weekend was a bit short with our special event taking up most of the afternoon and evening on Saturday. When we have weekend events I always just feel my days are off, I woke up today (monday) much more tired than usual. We did get to plant our first little garden yesterday. Tatum helped me and it is cute. I just want to get some big trees planted soon. Dan raked the dead grass up with this machine (I am sure it has a name but I have no idea what it is) and then watered and seeded the back and front yard. The landscaping is looking good, but I still have many things I want to do inside and outside the house. But with no credit cards and following or trying to follow the Dave Ramsey plan, we restrict ourselves much more on the extras.

The other good news is the weather is AMAZING.......76 degrees and feelin' great. Cheers to a great week to everyone.

No comments: