Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Say what?

Some conversations my kids have had this week. I want to write a book or do stand up or something b/c this material is just too good.

Dalton to Tatum: why do girls get to call tank tops meatball straps?

Tatum laughing hysterically to me although I am completely confused: HE MEANS SPAGHETTI STRAPS MAMA!!! He started laughing too.

Dalton getting dressed this morning, laying on the floor insisting he is too tired to sit up. "MOOOMMM, I am so not into this today." Oh yeah? Me either, get up and get dressed.

I walked in Sunday and the TV was up so loud and Tatum was sitting wide eyed.

The lady on the screen: "Do you want to learn to draw?"

Tatum: YES YES.

Lady: Have you ever thought about taking your art skills to the next LEVEL?

T: YES, I LOVE TO DRAW!!!!! (remember she does not see me watching her).

Lady: The art institue at California blah blah blah blah blah wants you to be the artist you have always wanted to be. It's simple really, blah blah blah.

T: running to the white erase board to write down the number and calling after the TV 'Hold on, that is too many numbers!!!"

I walked around the corner pretending not to know what was going on. She tells me she just simply MUST go to the 'art institutional' they can draw really neat barns, and tigers.

I tell her that sounds like fun, but there are a couple issues: she is 6 years old and really needs to think about finishing 1st grade for now. 2.) this place is in California, let's go look at the map and see how far that is 3.) you can't live with me when you are 35 and still do not have a job. Now draw me a pretty picture I can treasure and frame. Ahhhhh kids.

1 comment:

Abby/Roger said...

That's freaking hilarious!! All of it!! I can't wait to see what hilarity comes out of Ari's mouth someday.