Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tank tops and flip flops

One thing, among many, that the parenting book doesn't prepare you for is the fashion crisis that you will be thrown violently into when your daughter/son feel their apparel is not 'of code.' Now, if you know me at all, you can probably imagine that my response isn't "oh honey, you can wear whatever you want." My kids do NOT run the show. But, I do attempt to keep them looking fly on the cheap if possible. Tatum only wants to wear bedazzled tank tops, flip flops, skirts with shorts underneath (for recess purposes) and now she is in the hair in a pony tail phase. She will walk into my closet in the morning while i am getting ready and say things like.."OHHHH, I wish I WAS a mommy, then I could wear nice jewels and high heels, and short sleeve shirts with sweaters.....!!!" And all I can think is R U KIDDING ME??? I would take your flip flops, jeans, and sneakers any day of the week! There was also the pajama meltdown last night. I don't want to re-live it, let's just say it was dramatic. While Tatum is going to break me (or my bank account) with her wardrobe, Dalton may quite literally eat me out of house and home. It's like his legs are hollow, I have never seen food consumption at that level for that size human being. He eats two breakfasts, two lunches, two snacks, all his dinner and usually two more snacks. He is going through a growth spurt and I know it...I can't imagine how much he will eat when he is 16!!!! I love those little people more than anything in the world!

No comments: