Friday, June 26, 2009

Thriller.....

Look, I am not going to blog about WHAT AN AMAZING MAN Michael Jackson was, because unless you live under a large rock, in the last 15 years this guy has gone wiggidy wiggidy whack. He named his kids prince this and prince that, etc. BUT, you can not ignore his musical/artistic genius from the early days at least. I mean ABC,,,it's easy as 123,,,,it's simple as Do Re Me, ABC,,,123...baby you and ME GIRL!!!!!

I wasn't even born yet....and then came THRILLER. It was amazing. Don't you remember that video? Michael was still black, and actually a good looking guy, it was such a scary video to a girl that is 4!!!!!! But like a moth to the flame I was hooked!! Now my brother won't admit it, but when it came on he ran behind the couch and hid, (*sidebar, just ask my mom, he did this also when the wicked witch of the west was on Wizard of Oz,,,,,YES YOU DID MATT...hahahahaha!!). Anyway, the album was amazing. I knew every word to all the songs. I performed them, which if you know me at ALL, you are not surprised one bit by this. I remember that album cover, yes kids,,, we actually had massive record albums back then. Michael was in all white with this tiger with him and it was so cool. I had this little blue record player in my room, it was the BOMB!!!

The King of Pop died yesterday, again this is not a tribute or anything to him personally, but his music did make an incredible impact. From the Jackson 5 days to Black or White in the early 90's....... I loved his music!!

Not to change the subject TOO much, but Buttons Rice got her nails did, and got sorta 'bejeweled' today. She had her kennel cough vaccination, and then they did shampoo, nails, trimming, etc. She looked "OH SNAP" cute......I will post a picture of her.

Also see the picture of Dalton in his Margaritaville shirt, he knows every word to that song....but he thinks it's called "Livin on Sponge Cake."

*Sidenote* In honor of MJ's passing, I think I might do a little tribute concert/dance off for the gals in the office---really take them through MJ's best 70's 80's and 90's hits!!!!!!

1 comment:

Maggie Crabb said...

You are the first person I thought of when I heard the news...but I really couldn't play out the phone call in my mind. And uhmmmm, I can totally picture Matt Jones hiding behind the couch, cracks me up!